Long time since I added any content here, but since I had to publish these images somewhere public to be able to use them, I figured I write a blog post about the process. I wanted to make our Tableau Online site more user-friendly by using custom images for the folders. The artwork was made by my colleagues at Bitrise, I only rearranged the pieces in Illustrator, so that they look nice on the server as cover images. Let’s see how the Explore page and the subfolders within Production look now:
What are the steps you need to follow to customize your site?
- Create 1200 x 740 px (or equivalent ratio) images, and pay attention that the top right corner will be cut-off due to the folder shape
- Make sure you store these images somewhere public
- Navigate to the project that you want to add a cover image to, and click on the information button next to its name
- Click on the Edit button next to the About section, and add the link of the image in between exclamation marks
- You can check the other formatting tips by opening the Show formatting hints option
- Hit save, and you’re ready to go!